Supplier Automotive Industry:
Design and Implementation of an international Talent Development Program
Starting Point | Background
- The company is a well-established and fast growing international player
- Participants come from the Americas and Europe with different cultural backgrounds
- Identified talent has a broad range of professional backgrounds, experience and leadership skills
- Develop talented young professionals for international leadership tasks
- Retain & nurture talent
- Create an international network of young managers leading complex projects
- Exposure to C-Level management
- Develop key leadership capabilities in a competitive and fast moving environment. Nurture and lead high-performance teams, manage change and innovation and provide intercultural competence training & coaching.
- Selection of participants via assessment center. Identify development needs.
- Elaboration of the program set up with HR. Training, transfer sequences, collateral project work focused on social skills & business acumen coaching.
- Development of 6 training modules: Growing leadership, leadings teams, embracing and leading change, innovation & creativity, intercultural competence, the leader as mentor and coach.
- Focus on experience-driven learning methods and real case studies
- Execution of program in Germany, United States, Czech Republic and China
- One-on-one and team coaching prior to, during and after completion of modules; supervision of individual and group development throughout process
- Individual dialogue with superiors
- 20 participants pass the program and work successfully in various leadership positions
- Established internal network support for smoother global project work
- Reasons to consider the company as employer of choice
- Retained high potentials
- Follow up group with similar 2-year development program is already set up
- Fully integrated development approach (training, coaching, project work, transfer and mentoring) based on individual strengths & development needs.
- All input is based on real case studies supplied by participants to ensure relevance and foster easy transfer
- Multiple benefits for the company: qualified personnel, talent retaining, foundation for internal succession planning, business relevant results of project work
- Trainer team serve as role models with different intercultural and professional backgrounds
- Sustainable results through long-term commitment of company and participants